The magic of canoeing is best experienced in Brunnen through the breathtaking scenery and charming beauty of Lake Lucerne. Canoeing tours in Brunnen on Lake Lucerne are the best way to really unwind, enjoy nature and explore a piece of Swiss history from the water.
Explore the cradle of Switzerland from the water. On the shores of Lake Lucerne lie places steeped in history. For example, the Schiller Stone, the Rütli Meadow or the Tellsplatte. From the Brunnen canoe station you set off on an unforgettable canoeing adventure. Particularly impressive is when you paddle through a rock gate or look up the 380-metre-high cliffs. On the way, various resting places invite you to have a picnic or jump into the cool water.
Procedure of the canoe tour:
After your arrival at the Brunnen canoe station, you will receive a 30-minute instruction session on paddling technique and route planning. You will also receive safety instructions and helpful tips. You can choose between different routes that you would like to paddle. The tours last the whole day. You will receive the appropriate map material and the route will be explained to you in detail. Then you will be given the canoe with paddle and a life jacket and off you go in the boat.
Included in the price:
- Kayak or canoe hire and paddle (full day hire)
- Waterproof dry bag or barrel
- Bilge pump or bailer
- Spraydeck for the kayaks
- Life jacket
- Instruction beforehand (approx. 30 minutes)
The canoe tours start at 09.00 hrs and end between 15.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs, depending on the route. The time of return is determined during the morning instruction. However, the canoes must be returned to the canoe station by 17.00 hrs at the latest.
- Kayak for 1 person => 2 kayak
- Kayak for 2 persons => 1 kayak
- Canadian canoe for 2 adults and 1 child => 1 Canadian canoe (total weight 3 persons max. 190 kilograms)
The canoe tours start at 09.00 and end between 15.00 and 17.00, depending on the route. The time of return is determined during the morning instruction. However, the canoes must be returned to the canoe station by 17.00 at the latest.
Meeting point at 09.00 hrs:
Canoe station Brunnen
- Light leisure wear (synthetic and no cotton).
- Rain jacket/trousers (at least windproof to prevent chilling)
- Sun protection (sunglasses, sun cream, sun hat)
- Spare clothes
- Swimming costume or trunks
- Extra shoes for going into the water
- Mobile phone for emergencies (packed waterproof)
- Lunch and drinks (PET bottles)
- Plastic bag for rubbish
Good to know:
- Good swimming skills are required.
- Small children, alcoholics and non-swimmers do not belong in the canoe.
- For beginners it is recommended to choose a shorter stage (maximum paddling time 4 hours).
- Wearing a life jacket is compulsory.
- Children and young people under 18 years of age only if accompanied by a supervisor.
- It is not recommended to take valuables such as jewellery or expensive cameras on the canoe trip.
Boats will not be hired out during storms and heavy thunderstorms.
The canoe tours start at 09:00 and end between 15:00 and 17:00 depending on the route